Do you have an idea for a post on the @MozDevNet Twitter account?
Posts should be relevant to our audience of Web developers. They can highlight content on MDN, or info about using Web standards from elsewhere on the Web. Tweets with graphics get much more engagement, so any appropriate visual is a plus. We reserve the right to modify or discard suggestions.
- Submit your suggestion via the MDN Social Media Suggestions form. (Short link: http://mzl.la/mdn_tweet_form)
Social media strategy for MDN
- Build awareness & presence
- Brand building
- Product development
- Community building
Strengthen the MDN brand by providing information about web development to MDN “fans” that they find useful and important.
Current MDN community and regular/repeat MDN readers, a.k.a. (front-end) Web developers.
- Primary: Twitter
- Later (end of 2015 or early 2016)
Voice and tone
- Engaging, friendly
- Technical Experts
Types of content
These are overall category targets; the exact mix may vary by periods and channels.
- 70%: Notices of new/interesting content on MDN, including videos/webcasts
- 20%: Technical news of interest to our audience from other sources
- 10%: Internal updates, Events, Community/Personal experiences/opinions, calls-to-action
One post per week day, on Twitter.
- Managed by the community manager (Janet).
- Staff writers to contribute one post per week.
- Anyone (volunteers, other staff) are welcome to suggest posts.
- Submit posts via a web form.