Notices / Schedule
- Aiming for April 21 release
- Please work on your blockers
- Code freeze is in 8 days
- code freeze: Wednesday, April 15th
- QA start: Thursday, April 16th
- release: late in week of April 20th
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
- blockers going up again (boo!)
- we're falling off of blocker triage
- 40 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week (-8 w/w)
- 30 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (+4 w/w)
- 66 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week (+25 w/w)
- 126 blockers are FIXED but not yet landed on 1.9.1 (+13 w/w)
- 145 bugs with approval1.9.1+ that are not yet landed on 1.9.1
Browser / Front End
- Blockers: 6 remaining (-0 w/w) & 4 nominations
- bug 486236 - regression on 10.4 OSX, looks to be caused by Talos change
- bug 454363 - security bug, needs mrbkap's new wrapper
- bug 484442 - needs support from bsmedberg or smaug
- bug 475066 - needs work from Mano
- bug 487040 - Places crash caused by test (uncommon use case, though)
- bug 477014 - needs landing (still!)
- Polish update: Firefox is 52% shiny (+2% over last week)
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- Bug status:
Layout 1.9.1 Update
- 1.9.1 query: 27 unfixed 1.9.1 blockers
- 6 blockers (3 with patches or probably will be fixed by other bugs)
- 10 untriaged noms
- 'flex' thread in www-style
- 2 blockers
- 15 blockers
- 11 blockers
- bug 483915 Workers: Use new JSAPI to limit tracing code cache size -- Trivial, but needs bug 474497 first.
- bug 484107 Security bug. -- Has patch, ready to land!
- bug 481566 Content sink needs to be more responsive -- Did a touch-and-go, but needs updated patch.
- bug 483818 Leak when script appended via DOM does document.write -- Patch in the works.
- bug 462853 "Assertion failure: slot < (obj)->map->freeslot" during T... -- Needs more work, hard to reproduce, might not block on this.
- bug 485125 Crash on close [@ libflashplayer.so@0x4110d ] -- Likely fixed, or fixed enough, by Karl's recent gtk widget destruction fix.
- bug 475864 Quickstubs allow pages to mess with native anonymous content
- bug 479560 Security bug (mrbkaps wrapper work) -- Making good progress
- bug 480205 Security bug (mrbkaps wrapper work) -- Making good progress
- bug 483672 Permission denied for <a href="http://localhost:7080">http://localhost:7080</a> to call met... -- Won't block on this, Firebug workaround on hand instead of taking this fix.
- bug 487695 Decide what to do with localStorage when using session only cookies.
- 11 blockers
- 20 blockers
- 8 P1s not! including upvar bug 452498.
- 12 P2s
- 10 untriaged nominations. Looking at regressions.
These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- Big perf things we need to land soon
- bug 485426 ARM simd rgb24->565 optimizations
- bug 482676 Neon pixman optimizations
- bug 483409 Use XShm for pushing to the screen
- bug 482689 Optimize background displaylists for opaque images
- bug 67752 Interruptible Reflow
- We would really like to see this land on trunk as soon as possible so we can try to decide if it could go back to 1.9.1 for mobile.
- In progress
- bug 422540 Continued work on gstreamer backend
Still outstanding / to be scheduled
- native JSON
- Windows TSF Integration
- DNS prefetching
STOP HERE AND CHECK AGAINST SCHEDULE
- New ESX hosts installed wed/thurs; lost one to CPU failure next day
- last week 8 slaves added to try server
- 12 more slaves on production pool-of-slaves (6 linux, 6 win32).
- still overrun; will be lending slaves from production to try once crunch is over later today
- win32 buildtimes (disk changes to moz2-win32-slave01, 06)
- need help with msys and network mount drives
- powering off Firefox2 machines at last
- Firebug compatibility
need bug 483672
- we're going to work around this at the loss of XHR results in the console tab
- Security Sensitive source files code review recommendations [ Murali ]
- Tracing across DOM methods for 1.9.1? Do we have a good risk/reward metrics? See e.g. bug 480187, bug 487134. Seems hard to call these blockers.
- status of memory leaks (dbaron)