Notices / Schedule
- Shipping today at 3pm-ish
- Please work on your blockers
- Code freeze is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11:59pm PDT
- code freeze: day-by-day
- 7 P1 blockers need resolution
- bug 442059 - Native JSON: needs new patch & reviewer on deck
- bug 469237 - Assertion failure: progress hard to intuit
- bug 471214 - Brand function variables: needs patch & reviewer on deck (is this really a P1?)
- bug 480301 - fixed, needs to land on mozilla-central
- bug 488690 - fixed, needs to land on mozilla-central
- bug 488329 - shipped-locales patch, will land on relbranch
- bug 488497 - server-side (webpage work)
- 20 P1 blockers need to land on mozilla-1.9.1
- 7 P1 blockers need resolution
- QA start: day-by-day
- can engineering help qa by running tests to speed up QA cycle?
- release: late in week of April 20th
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
- blockers going up again (boo!)
- we're falling off of blocker triage
- 101 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week (+61 w/w)
- 31 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (+1 w/w, tracemonkey merge!)
- 110 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week (+46 w/w)
- 78 blockers are FIXED but not yet landed on 1.9.1 (-52 w/w)
- 25 bugs with approval1.9.1+ that are not yet landed on 1.9.1 (-120 w/w)
Browser / Front End
- Blockers: 7 remaining (+1 w/w) & 5 nominations
- really nothing challenging or risky here
- big props to Johnath and Dietrich for getting bug 486236 handled
- Polish update: Firefox is 53% shiny (+1% over last week)
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- Bug status:
- 6 blockers (4 with patches or probably will be fixed by other bugs)
- 2 untriaged noms (1 with a patch!)
- dholbert: progressing with animation of CSS properties via SMIL
- roc: hoisting plugin widgets to toplevel, working on windowless IFRAMEs
- zwol: frame "GC"
- 1 blocker
- 17 blockers (could be pruned, should not delay our schedule)
- doublec: Splitting the current "decode video + play audio" thread into separate threads to fix jitter playing 720p and 1080p
- kinetik: gfx-level performance improvements
- chrisp: getting married
- One remaining P1 blocker bug 475864 Quickstubs allow pages to mess with native anonymous content. Patch almost ready, but neads some tweaks.
- 9 other blockers
- bug 483915 Workers: Use new JSAPI to limit tracing code cache size -- Trivial, but needs bug 474497 first.
- bug 481566 Content sink needs to be more responsive -- Did a touch-and-go, but needs updated patch.
- bug 462853 "Assertion failure: slot < (obj)->map->freeslot" during T... -- Needs more work, hard to reproduce.
- bug 485125 Crash on close [@ libflashplayer.so@0x4110d ] -- Likely fixed, or fixed enough, by Karl's recent gtk widget destruction fix.
- bug 483672 Permission denied for <a href="http://localhost:7080">http://localhost:7080</a> to call met... -- Won't block on a fix here, Firebug workaround on hand instead of taking this fix.
- bug 487695 Decide what to do with localStorage when using session only cookies.
- bug 479880 Security bug.
- bug 480205 Security bug (remainder of mrbkap's wrapper work).
- bug 461861 Security bug.
Mac OS X Update
- Josh making good progress on the 64-bit port. Optimistically within 4-6 weeks of being able to build 64-bit on trunk.
- Steven Michaud back from working on major JEP update, mostly for 10.6 Java compatibility in FF 3.5.
- Looking into major modal dialog work for 1.9.2, outlined in bug 478073.
- Cocoa NPAPI well under way, will finish after Neil Deakin's focus re-factoring lands since it involves a bunch of focus work in the object frame. Have also been waiting on some last-minute spec changes being worked out with Apple.
These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- Big perf things we need to land soon
- bug 485426 ARM simd rgb24->565 optimizations
- bug 482676 Neon pixman optimizations
- bug 483409 Use XShm for pushing to the screen
- bug 482689 Optimize background displaylists for opaque images
- bug 67752 Interruptible Reflow
- We would really like to see this land on trunk as soon as possible so we can try to decide if it could go back to 1.9.1 for mobile.
- In progress
- bug 422540 Continued work on gstreamer backend
Still outstanding / to be scheduled
- native JSON
- Windows TSF Integration
- DNS prefetching
STOP HERE AND CHECK AGAINST SCHEDULE
- headsup nthomas/bhearsum traveling
- so if we drag into late wed, will need to haggle
- wait times on try+production build/unittest machines
- please file bugs for long wait times between landing patch, and start of build
- still trying to figure out talos wait times, but its long
- win32 depend builds and bigger disks,
- splitting unittest to run in parallel chunks;
- suggestions on how to display on waterfall?
- will post to tree mgmt, but no-one in meeting cared, everyone just using mstrange's UI instead.
- win32 buildtimes (disk changes to moz2-win32-slave01, 03, 06)
- increasing disk size reduced depend compile/link from 3h->17mins
- need help with msys and network mount drives
- powering off Firefox2 machines at last
- Firebug compatibility
need bug 483672
- we're going to work around this at the loss of XHR results in the console tab
- Tracing across DOM methods for 1.9.1? Do we have a good risk/reward metrics? See e.g. bug 480187, bug 487134. Seems hard to call these blockers.
- status of memory leaks (dbaron)