Desktop Firefox QA Team Meetings
- Every other Tuesday at 10:00AM Pacific
- Zombocom Conference Room (3rd Floor)
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 262 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 262 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #qa for backchannel
- 3.6.4build3 (OOPP) QA Status (abillings/juanb)
- Firefox 4.0 - timeline update (juanb)
- Remember: June, October
- 3.7a5 - next alpha (juanb)
- Possibly this week
- Firefox.next feature status
Takeways and Action Items
- Note: 3.6.4build3 updates are to be sent to 3.6.4build1 users. All other beta users in 3.6x will be updated later in the week.
- Note: It's very important that we ramp up on our feature areas for Firefox 4.0, as they land on trunk because of the proposed time frame.
- Note: Tracemonkey merges add risk to any release and we don't know when Tracemonkey merges happen, how the builds are testes, or when the decision to make a merge is made.
- Note: There are QA implications when schedules are decided. We need to be taken into account when schedules are discussed and decided, for example the Firefox 4.0 timeline.
- Send email to remind people working on new features for Firefox 4.0 to work on their testplans so there's status check by next meeting. (juanb)
- Talk to beltzner about sharing slides for Firefox 4.0. roadmap (juanb)
- Edit wiki with features and components that have landed but are not yet included in the wiki. (juanb)
- We should work towards getting a list of changes between alphas (for what is now 3.7) so that we can focus our feature area testing there if it is landed, such that we have focused testing per alpha based on features landed.
- We have to exert more pressure so features don't land past the first 4.0beta, and we need to push for an official timeline this week if we are to ship a beta in June.
- We need to get better at knowing when UI changes happen, when major features land, and when features in general get added or removed.