Last Updated: April 20, 2017
Test Pilot’s mission is to rapidly research, build, ship, test and get feedback on prototype features to inform the future direction of our browsers and attached services.
- We believe that community, extensibility, and play are at the core of what made Firefox great to begin with. Test Pilot seeks to put these at the forefront of our work – to open the browser and our process for building it – to welcome the next generation of participant Mozillians and help build the future of Firefox.
- Test Pilot’s lightweight iteration process is the first step for any new feature on Firefox Desktop or mobile.
- Our process, documentation, code and current work output are clear and legible so that Mozilla internal people can track our progress and Firefox community can easily participate.
- Information about past, present and future experiments is easily discoverable and digestible.
- We provide one of a kind support and guidance so that teams at Mozilla interested in experiments come to us because of the proven value we provide.
- With other teams (Sync, mobile, etc.) we build a vision of Firefox as a set of interconnected services that give users control over their online lives no matter the touchpoints they use.