Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use a headset and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Usul
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
- Patrick Cloke (nominated by Florian). Patrick has been in the maildev community for a while; he started with some patches to lightning, and is now a chat/ peer. He's the author of the IRC code that is now part of Thunderbird.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Our Dropbox implementation is not ready for release, so support has been disabled in beta until further notice.
- Landed a fix that prevented users from easily updating their saved YouSendIt passwords if they'd gotten it wrong the first time (bug 753797)
- Unified search results for IM conversations and email messages landed. Still polishing some details of it.
- Updated the chat/ folder to take changes made to it for Instantbird.
- The Thunderbird tabmail code is still being studied to determine how best to port Firefox's pinned tabs implementation
Better Gmail Integration
- Code being read
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 05 06
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- working on testdays for FileLink and IM.
- working on the contributors recruitment campaign.
- up for grab posted
- Contribute blog post on its way with QA and Developers calls
- Polishing the new start page
- Datacenter move happening today.
- A couple of things not quite working yet.
Build / Release Update
- ispdb has gotten Django 1.4 and browserid support added thanks to sergio
- production/staging of ispdb have been taken down for now, will re-stage it with moco IT soon, no production until it's actually ready this time
- Added geoip functionality to account provisioner server side
- Tracked down some bugs in kitsune and other pages due to server moves
- Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be June 6, 2012
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1480 new support topics (1630 one week ago ) - Media:7-13May2012-GetSatisfactin-Thunderbird-1of2-2012-05-14_1603.png ;7-13May2012-GetSatisfactin-Thunderbird-2of2-2012-05-14_1607.png
- Thunderbird 12 Support Issues
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB12 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB12 and tag them tb12
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- working on requirements for possible future integration of the Thunderbird Knowledge Base into SUMO
- TB community day June 1st in Vancouver
- TB Support Clinic in Vancouver modelled after the Firefox in person support event aka Firefox Clinic before Mozcamp Europe sometime Summer 2012
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
usul, standard8, bienvenu, bwinton, mconley, rolandtanglao, andreas nilsson, sancus, mmecca, irving, jhopkins, mmecca