- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- I'd like to recognize Paul Booker for all his help this last week or so in installing, testing, and configuring modules as well as debugging problems with the Spread Firefox v.2 website. - Asa
- Scheduled updated:
- Code Freeze: 10/3 (end of day)
- First Candidates Available: 10/5 (Fri)
- Final release scheduled: 10/16 (Tue)
- Simultaneous release of Tb 2008 not decided yet.
- No updates for this week.
- Thanks to everyone who helped close an additional four sg:crit bugs last week.
- Reminder that the M9 code freeze is Oct 17; Tree Control Red this Wed at 11:59pm. The means all checkins require end-game driver approval (MConnor, CBeard, Beltzner, Basil, Schrep, Damon, Vlad). See the Firefox 3 Schedule page for the ongoing schedule.
- There are currently 27 beta blockers in platform.
- as always, latest Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 status meeting notes are available
- down to 5 or 6 PRD P1 items
- been a lot of discussion about the new Mac theme work, which is scheduled to land by M9, feedback positive about the design direction
- Perf Goals for Fx3 front end announced
- 50% decrease in chrome overhead vs. chromeless Tp testing
- 20% Txul (new window) improvement
- 10% Ts (startup) improvement
- M9 Schedule
- Entering endgame driver control Wednesday, Oct 3rd
- Freeze Oct 17th
- Stage migration progress. Made good progress, but not completed. More migrations to come in the next 1-2 weeks.
- Wiki security upgrades complete
- Continued tinderbox performance testing, evaluation of technologies for Moz2 infra
- status of ftp/archive/stage migration
- FFx 3:
- Performed daily smoke testing and focused testing. Two new bugs found [tomcat, jay, marcia, stephend, others]
- Tested OS integration and installer bugs [tomcat]
- Tested Password Manager [juanb]
- Cleaned up critical printing bugs. Dropped the list from 25 -> 14 Bugs by verifying fixes, clearing out dups, etc. [tomcat]
- FFx 188.8.131.52: triaged bugs. Monitored the daily automated UI test runs by Eggplant. Started bug fix verifications [juanb, tomcat, others]
- Investigated new topcrash (nsBrowserOpt.dll bug 398001) related to some extension/plugin or malware with dveditz, shaver. [jay, juanb]
- Tested Rock your Firefox 0.5. It is shipping Tuesday night, 10/02. [stephend]
- Tested the Online Security Campaign. This shipped last week! [stephend]
- Highlights: good progress with planning, developing and running test cases for OS integration, installer, password manager, gecko platform, updating plug-ins, tabbed browsing, and printing bugs
- Worked on test plan and created Testcases for Password Manager and Security/Privacy [tomcat, juanb]
- Completed the first draft of the Gecko Platform Test Plan for FF 3. It is in review. [marcia]
- New program to triage litmus test requests. People can request new manual test cases by setting the "in-litmus" flag to '?'. [tomcat, marcia]
- Litmus cleanup: Reviewed the FFx3 PRD looking for test cases holes in litmus. Reviewed the current RSS test cases in Litmus for FF 3 and made revisions according to the new UI (this is currently on unowned area). Reviewed the list of Ungrouped test cases in Litmus. Still need to sift through and figure out if any are valid and need to be re-enabled. [marcia]
- Strong progress on the Plugin Updating test plan [stephend]
- Flagged, wrote, and ran Litmus test cases for Tabbed Browsing [stephend]
Test Automation and Tools
- Patch for tdhtml/tgfx/tsvg tests reviewed and checked in (bug 386995)[alice, bhearsum]. Got txul running (bug 397952)
- Mac Talos slave setup bug 393073. Finally got a couple slaves up and running well. Changed qm-pxp* slaves to all report as their own Tinderbox column bug 397755 . See here. [bhearsum]
- Worked on getting standalone talos running. Getting 400 webpages running smoothly standalone is no small feat: servers respond incorrectly, pages throw unexpected errors, pages block on dialogs. Need to re-think this. [alice]
- Litmus: Several bugs fixed: bug 378604-allow reporting on completed test runs. bug 394238-fixed some outstanding JS errors. bug 320156-some Litmus i18n testing.
- Sisyphus/JS Automation: JS tests now running locally. Setup buildbot framework (linux). Several bugs updated: bug 398005-Enable the use of buildbot to run the shell and browser tests via Sisyphus with reporting to a Tinderbox like waterfall display. bug 386992-Misc cleanup [bc, robcee]
- A well-attended testday was held Fri, Sept 29th. Topic was Security and Privacy. Johnathan Nightingale joined us! Thanks Johnathan!! [tomcat, many others]
- Next test day is on Download Manager/TabBrowser
- Completed first draft design doc and mockup for the next phase of QMO. Passed on to John Slater for review. [jay]
- Planning a Community testing session for FOSS.in in December. [jay, timr]
- Completed a plan for talkback metrics. Started collecting data. [ss]
- Upcoming events: Accessibility Summit-Boston - Oct 4-5 [timk]. FSOSS at Seneca - Oct 25-26 [coop]
- A/B and multi-variate testing -- trying out a service to optimize mozilla.com pages (en-US only for initial trial) for conversions (downloads)
- Testing out new online advertising creative -- focusing on a "security" and "customization" messaging
- Distribution of Swag distribution. See Community:Swag.
- Fx3 docs are continuing to progress well. Other than Places, all the really big chunks of docs are more or less complete now. Lots of little stuff to do, some of them involving a lot of research. When Sheppy comes to you for answers, please help him help developers make the most of your work.
- jresig is working with Alice and Rob to get the JS speed tests integrated into Talos or an equivalently useful automation-and-reporting system.
- js-ctypes and WebRunner generated a bunch of positive noise this week from interested developers; 1800 downloads of webrunner in the first 5 days!
- We're looking for people to tell us what they love and hate about other developer sites: share your thoughts on shaver's blog post.
- Extend Firefox competition officially open. Contest is focused on fostering innovation in Web experience through the development of add-ons for Firefox 2.
- Prizes will be awarded on the basis of excellence in user experience, innovativeness and use of open standards.
- If you have ideas for cool and innovative extensions that you'd love to see come to life, please do post them to the Extend Firefox wiki page.
- Much more to come as we roll out the promotional campaign, a revamped web site, judges, and schedule of technical sessions.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- We have declared October as National Webdev Month
- Great to see everyone last week :)
- Q4 planning is in progress, please ping morgamic re: new projects that need to get done in 2007
- AMO / Plugins
- FAMO 0.5 release tomorrow night during maint window
- Work on AMO API for Fx3 has begun
- Adding PFS support for Flash on Solaris Thurs.
- Plugin update should go live this week, adding finishing touches and doing QA
- support.mozilla.com final tweaks today, beta released in PM
- wenzel has rocked the supporting UI for locale tracking
- working on file verification via byte-ranges this week
- mozilla.com CMS
- QA plan underway
- will need help testing -- more on this later in the week