- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Fx 188.8.131.52 / TB 184.108.40.206
Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 is on track to ship tomorrow. If you know of any reason why it shouldn't please let us know.
We're triaging nominations and approval requests for Firefox 18.104.22.168. If there are specific things that should be looked at, please ping the triage team. If you're a developer that owns a blocker, please look at your bugs this week.
- Beta 4 Freeze is on for Tuesday, 11:59pm. Please attend Fx3/Gecko meeting tomorrow for more details.
- 55 P1s, 155 P2s.
- 12 P1 blockers, ~70 P2 blockers remaining for Fx3
- Fixes coming soon for:
- Lots going on
- Option to use only text zoom restored
- Lots of visual refresh work landing
- better antivirus integration on Windows
- drag and drop working in Places Library
- last two weeks
- Stage migration - After a ton of work by justdave and the unionfs devs, we finally have a stable build. Stage migration is continuing, looking to cut over in the next 2 weeks.
- All china hardware has been repaired and datacenter is fully online
- Bugzilla - Phase 1 is 50% complete, scheduled to be code complete on 3/5, with patches pushed to b.m.o after qa, but in March
- php5 migrations continuing
- Completed: survey.mozilla.com, userpanel.mozilla.com, reporter.mozilla.org, firefoxflicks.com, firefoxparty.com, worldfirefoxday.com, mozilla-europe.org
- This week: download.mozilla.org
- group changes: bugs for build, perf, talos/unittest/mochitest/reftest/xpcshell...
- TB22.214.171.124 release tomorrow
- mothballing tinderbox perf machines bug 413695
- wallclock times posted: note unusual problems hit in 3.0b3
- change over 1.8 nightlies to buildbot/release automation machines: Rob Helmer's blog and John's blog
- downtime this week for nsis update bug 403078, kernel updates bug 407796
- moz2 builds
- mobile builds bug 414622
- pushed jss only machines to stage (3) bug 416251
- pushed fast branch machines to stage (3) bug 416237
- Minotaur - Worked with Alice to get the minotaur patches reviewed. Came up with some better solutions for the problems those patches were trying to resolve. Checked in patch for bug 413742. [ctalbert]
- QAX (AKA QAC) [ctalbert, jay]
- Places - First set of automated functional tests are ready for review [ctalbert]
- Microformat mochikit tests - this is next of ctalbert's list
- Accessibility - We got the infrastructure in place to run a11y Chrome tests. It was agreed to run them on a staging unit test server. Bernd, a community member and peer on the Layout module, has helped tremendously with examples and mochitests for the NSITableAccessible interface. bug 415730, which contains the Mochitests for this, will soon be checked in. Alexander Surkov and others have started creating Mochitests alongside the patches for actual bug fixes. An example is the afore mentioned bug 417317. I started to convert older static test pages into real Mochitests and will start asking for reviews later this week. [marcoz]
Leak testing [tomcat]
- Looking for leaks while running user test cases. Completed Mac FFT; starting the Windows FFT run.
- Filed 25 new Leak Bugs in the last two weeks
- Rewrote the Leak Gauge Documentation and working on the next steps here.
Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 [proj lead - ss, QA lead-abillings]
- Released Beta Last Tues Feb 19th. The team did bug fix verification, smoketests, windows Basic Functional Tests (BFTs), and L10n testing. Only one issue was found where there was a talkback ID mismatch. This turned out to be due to no longer building talkback each release and this is now expected.
- In addition to a whole raft of platform bug fixes, there are 19 mail specific changes
- Tested Beta 3 for release on Tues, Feb 12th. The QA live testing caught bug 417101 with the animated flavacon.
- Setup a meeting with security experts (Bob Lord, et al)) to review how we are testing this and how we could add the PKI tests to our automated testing. [marcia]
- Summarized top crashes from Beta 3 [ss]
- Beta 4 testplan and assignments has been wikified [tchung]
- Completed Fx3 l10n localizer catch all test suite. This testrun is sent to fx3 localizers to run and ensure a spotcheck of the build prior to checkin. [tchung]
- Ran extra testcases for plugin blocklisting [tchung]
- Remora public beta/preview is tested and up.
- Began Mozilla.com redesign test plan; will send out ASAP
Partners - Tested and signed off the Firefox 188.8.131.52 partner repacks for 9 partners
- There was another very successful test day on Friday, Feb 22rd. See results. 108 test cases were run on Downloading alone!
- Tomcat attended FOSDEM. He spoke at the Extension Workshop (first presentation ever :) together with Mark Finkle. He also supported L10n Presentation. And got video-interviewed by the Spanish Community!
- Test Dev Day - Community Dev/QA Day - We are looking at doing something similar to Dev Days to connect directly with community members and engage them in test and tools development, and test execution. Met with Mary to investigate how previous test days went and brainstorm ideas for a testing version. We are considering doing a session at the European dev day on June 5th or the Brazil conference April 17-19. [marcia, ctalbert]
- QMO re-design is progressing nicely. Completed QMO page template descriptions for Airbag
- Nightly Build Startup page refresh. This is to improve the encouragement of nightly testers. We will create a mockup soon. Plan is to push new page by mid-March after final review. [ss, jay]
- Accessibility - Fix for Chatzilla bug 414387 landed and is included in ChatZilla 0.9.81. Another example of how ARIA enables website and extension developers to make the most freaky widgets accessible. In this case, the emoticons that replace smilie characters.
- Fx3b3 coverage
- Mozilla Messaging launch
- Mitchell in Europe
- Window included in eweek's most influential people in security list
- Extend firefox winners announced
- David Tenser and SUMO featured in Computerworld piece that was syndicated to the NYT
- EFF Pioneer Award
- Webware 100 award finalist - voting opens today!
- Asa on NPR this morning
- 500 million downloads
- FOSDEM: Thanks to the FOSDEM team for a great conference. See Brian King's write up for details.
- Firefox 3 T-Shirt Design Contest tell your friends!
- Working to launch a beta of spectator this week.
- At 43% of extension compat goal
- 5 AMO editor interns online
- nsIZipWriter is now documented.
- The Download Manager schema is now documented.
- This week, more Download Manager documentation should be rolling out onto MDC.
- Extend Firefox
- Winners announced/notified/awarded
- Planning under way for launch of Extend Firefox 3 in early March
- Myk has posted another development build to the forum with various fixes, including improvements to persona preview, along with support for dynamic personas;
- Heldenhaft (a frequent commenter in the forum) has posted the first dynamic persona, a panorama from a webcam at a university in Paderborn (note: this has not yet been added to directory of personas);
- Atul is working on a web app to manage the directory of personas and let users browse and select personas from a web page;
- Myk has posted draft of updated documentation on designing personas.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Launched messaging site
- Migrated mozilla-europe to php5, download.mozilla.org tomorrow night
- UI tweaks for mozilla.com CMS
- AUS3 migration script and schema are complete, starting alpha work this week
- morgamic will be up in Portland tomorrow working on Breakpad/Socorro at cubespacepdx
- CAs and related issues
- Public communication
- David worked on various www.mozilla.org-related tasks.
- Conferences and events
- Upcoming activities
- Frank is planning to be in Mountain View on March 12 and at the CSUN conference on March 13 in Los Angeles CA. ** Frank is also planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and (if possible) the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA.
- Zak will be speaking at a number of Norwegian universities February 25-27 on open source and Mozilla-related topics, at the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14, and other events later in 2008.