- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
TIME CHANGE NOTICE: Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins this Sunday. New meeting time next week will be 20:00 UTC.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
- Alex and Alix want us to recognize Jamey Boje and Paul Booker for their late-night last-minute work on the banner for 500M downloads and for help in getting the site ready for this milestone.
- Archaeopteryx, another amo-editor said "I want to nominate Oliver Saier and Mel Reyes for managing each more than 5000 add-on updates at https://addons.mozilla.org since they have joined."
Fx 126.96.36.199 / TB 188.8.131.52
Still on schedule to freeze 184.108.40.206 this Friday at 11:59pm. If you have patches that have been approved, please land them as soon as possible so QA can start testing and verifying. If you own a blocker and don't think you'll have time to finish it, please let us know.
I also want to highlight a post from Boris Zbarsky on dev-planning. Getting branch blockers fixed is something we've been struggling with for several releases now. If anyone has ideas on how to improve this situation, please reply to Boris's post.
- Real multi-word searching
- Adaptive learning
- Download Manager
- Much improved search, multi-word, match on all data available
- Visual Refresh
- New Mac rev
- Separate Vista and XP themes for Windows users
- More Linux (as always!)
- Still coming soon (landed and backed out)
- Save Link As.. filename fixes
- JSON backup (Ts hit)
- 114 hard blockers left, working on load balancing and driving number down this week, Places is the current "winner" but they have lots of help.
- Bouncer migrated to php5, aus tonight
- blog.mozilla.com to be gslb'd for china users
- unionfs stable, working to migrate stage next few weeks
- thunderbird release
- migrating our mozilla.com/org dns to new dyndns platform, coming this week
- new .nl mirror - true.nl
Build & Test Infrastructure
- starting beta4 builds
- stage migration - forewarning of switchover in next 7-10 days
- longer build times on win32 - PGO performance gains - bug 418865.
- linux and mac coming after beta4
- any ideas/help to speed things up? bug 420320
- bug triage
- p1, p2, p3
- Test Infrastructure
- Beta 4 test plan is done.
- Developed test cases for download manager and location bar. [stephend]
- Places: Submitted first set of QA automated tests for history. See bug 384226. Awaiting review by Dietrich. Continuing to work on the last two needed for history tests.
- Completed 75% plugin blocklist testing. Bugs found: bug 419552, bug 419582
- Top crash analysis [ss]
- Leak Testing.
- Investigating and creating test cases for a number of crashes and assertions [mw22]
- Locale testing: 226 tests ran across non en-US locales by localization teams in the last two weeks using the Fx3 localizer test suite. Report. No significant failures.
- MarcoZ and ArronLev meet in Germany and worked on patching and testing a number of accessibility bugs. This includes [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=418812 bug 418812 patched by marcoz.
- Completed the top 500 site scan for moz-binding and reported the results [bc]
Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 - Released last Tuesday. QA completed update tests and live testing.
Firefox 18.104.22.168 - bug triage and patch wrangling [ss, abillings]
WebDev Testing [stephend]
- mozilla.com re-design -
- Firefox 3 / Remora
- AMO - Started to work on bug 408159, which is testing two production-grade AMO boxes in China, to put them in rotation. Triaged our AMO 3.2 bugs with Basil and morgamic into 42 must-fix issues.
- Automated A11y test project: started implementing first interface Mochitest in bug 418368. Currently in review comment fixing mode, and waiting for bug 419786 to land for completeness. Bernd, a Layout module peer, landed Mochitests for tables from bug 415730.
- Community: Attended the "Interessengemeinschaft Sehgeschädigter Computerbenutzer" (ISCB) main member gathering event last weekend, giving a Firefox presentation on both Windows using JAWS and NVDA, and Linux using ORCA. Stirred quite some interest in people wanting to switch to open-source solutions. With the help of Frank Hecker, answered a few questions on accessibility in Mozilla for the linux.com magazine.
- Minotaur - Reworked review comments for bug 416049 and bug 414056 and resubmitted patches. Awaiting review. [clint]
- QAC - QA Companion community test extension. Worked on getting updated 0.1.8 out to people.mozilla.org to coincide with the version up on Add-Ons. Decided on how to handle the notification preference bug - remove notifications for now. [clint, jay]
- John Lilly featured on Yahoo's Tech Ticker with Sarah Lacy
- Johnathan Nightingale interview on CrazyEngineers.com
- Vlad Vukicevic interviewed by InternetNews.com
- 0.5 (l10n) milestone released
- Now possible to localize UI/sidebar/heading stuff as well as the actual articles
- Cleaned up start page to ease l10n
- Focus on Firefox 3 preparations (milestone 0.6) from now on
- SxSW: Web Developer Get Together on March 10 at 3:30 p.m. RSVP
- Bay Area Installfest organized by Untangle and ACCRC over the past weekend in SF, Berkeley, San Mateo and Novato. Volunteers built over 400 refurbished PCs, loaded them with Ubuntu 7.10 (with Openoffice and Firefox) and they will be sent out to schools in Oakland and SF.
- Mozilla Community Anniversary Party: 3/31 at the DNA Lounge in SF starting at 7 p.m. More details to come.
- Site design almost complete...WebDev & QA has begun...will be moving to l10n soon.
- Spectator is now available in the AMO Sandbox
- More documentation updates to close the little gaps left to take care of before Firefox 3 ships.
- Messages starting to come together
- Building data so that we know where we stand in areas of performance and size
- Extension updating
- Working with more extensions to get updated
- MFinkle talked to some extdevs @ FOSDEM
- GKanai has been working with Japanese extdevs
- Addons Status (updated to some level of Fx3) - Top 30: 95%, Top 50: 72%
- Added test comparisons
- Working on IE support
- Contact jresig if you want access
- Extend Firefox
- Planning under way for launch of Extend Firefox 3 in early March
- Guy and Minh, two Berkeley Haas MBA students, kicked off a semester-long project to work with Labs on third-party developer programs for Weave.
- Cookie synchronization is being added.
- Currently working on a Personas backend website (similar in concept to addons.mozilla.org); planning on rolling this out, along with dynamic Persona capabilities, by the end of Q1.
- 0.9 release candidates ready tonight
- Web content accessible JS API discussion (bug 420661)
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- migrated download.mozilla.org successfully
- aus2.mozilla.org migration tonight
- Optimized Bouncer geo-ip location
- Bouncer load testing on test cluster
- Processor optimization and reporter tasks
- utf8 bug fixes and comments view for top crasher pages
- AUS2 -> AUS3 migration script completed (lars)
- Working with vendors to help fix the install.js issue for Fx3 plugin
- Started server-side work for plugin blocklisting
- Add-on update to Firefox 3 has commenced - we currently have 163 pending updates & 94 new nominations. AMO Editors and interns are working to reduce the queue.
- For add-ons, 47.63% are claiming Firefox 3.0b2 or higher compatibility
- If you are an add-on developer and have gotten Firefox 3.0 compatibility, come claim your new T-shirt
- 43 bugs to 3.2 completion
- Grants and related expenditures
- The GNOME Foundation announced the GNOME outreach program for accessibility, which the Mozilla Foundation helped fund.
- CAs and related issues
- Public communication
- David continued worked on various www.mozilla.org-related tasks.
- Conferences and events
- Gerv worked on a script to assist with the proposed Bugzilla product/component reorganization.
- Upcoming activities
- Frank is planning to be in Mountain View on March 12 and at the CSUN conference on March 13 in Los Angeles CA.
- Frank is also planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and (if possible) the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA.
- Zak will be speaking at a number of Norwegian universities February 25-27 on open source and Mozilla-related topics, at the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14, and other events later in 2008.
- The Slovenes are coming! A group of a dozen Slovenian university students will be at MoCo this Wednesday from 1.30-2.30pm for a get together with pkim, sethb and mary.