- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Foundation Updates
- 9 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting
Alice "Alice0775" White has been a tremendous contributor for several years. Without Alice's tireless efforts testing, filing bugs and writing patches, Firefox 4 would not be the great browser that it is.
(via robcee, joedrew, tn, etc.)
Aleksej for helping to moderate the Firefox 4 FIXED bugday and for helping out before the event went live. Also, Steve Scott (:pxbugz) for verifying 45 fixes.
Monday, 7 February
Tuesday, 8 February
Please join one of our contributor town halls:
Wednesday, 9 February
Thursday, 10 February
Friday, 11 February
Saturday, 12 February
Dare2BeDigital conference, Tech Museum: Mozilla will be running a video booth at the Dare2BDigital conference for young women (13-16) teaching girls how HTML5 and open video lets you run your own show - no YouTube or Flash needed! The key component of this tutorial will be demonstrating the Universal Subtitles project and we need localizers to show them how it works in realtime. Sign up to help in-person or online here.
Product Status Updates
- 49 hard blockers remaining (list)
- 12 blockers need categorization (list)
- 36 nominations need triage (list)
- Firefox 4 Beta 11 will ship Tuesday or Wednesday
- Only 5 hard blocking beta bugs without patches, though one of them is the very invasive bug 626602. Hope is that we'll be able to freeze for the final beta this Friday, will update on dev.planning as we know more.
- Some people noticed that the Firefox Roadmap was updated recently
- this is a draft document and is subject to change
- the approach of the document is to indicate priorities, and work with engineering to determine which projects can be executed to meet those priorities
- after Firefox 4, we are proposing moving to a "delivery train" model with more frequent releases to deliver new technology to users and the web more quickly
Firefox 3.6 and 3.5
3.6.14 and 3.5.17
- Found what looks like to be a new crash regression during the beta period (bug 631105)
- We will not be releasing the security updates tomorrow
- We will be rebuilding today and plan to ship next Monday (2011-02-14)
- Beta 4 shipped
Heartbeat of Engineering with Damon
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Planning/2011-02-02/top (damon's out today, check out the link and don't forget to read the weekly Engineering Newsletter in dev.planning)
- 3.1.8 delayed to next week due to crash regression (see Firefox status)
- New rebooted version of Drumbeat web platform launching later today.
- In staging here: http://batucada.mozillalabs.com/ (staging only -- no live data, please)
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Status Updates By Team
Automation & Tools
Introducing New Hires