- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Monday, 07 October
- MAKER PARTY: New York, NY: Media TRaC at Sony Wonder Technology Lab is a two month Teen Reviewers and Critics (TRaC) Program at Sony Wonder Technology Lab. Just like our other TRaC programs, Media TRaC participants will be seeing and responding to art. But this brand new TRaC will also include experiences of technology based art and creating responses using various forms of media. Students will work with equipment from Sony Wonder Technology Lab to formulate responses to the latest cutting edge performances and exhibitions in NYC.
Tuesday, 08 October
- MAKER PARTY: Highland, UT: Coder Dojo UT Highland a global collaboration providing free and open learning to young people, especially in programming technology.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Introduction to Digital Storytelling & Enhanced Podcasting for Mac will teach simple steps to turn your still images and sound clips into a compelling digital video story--- and share it with a wide audience. In this two-hour session, you’ll learn about various types of digital story formats, narrative tips and interviewing techniques, and how to combine your pictures and audio recordings into a video using Garageband, a software program that allows you to create powerful and entertaining media. Please bring your own pair of headphones or earbuds for this class.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Teen Tech Time will teach teens to design a website for a school project, or put yourself onto the cover of a fashion magazine? Come hang out, learn, play and explore the latest technology with friends while using PC and Mac laptops.
Wednesday, 09 October
- MAKER PARTY: London, United Kingdom: Beginning Arduino is a multi-day workshop teaching the basics of making an electrical circuit. Basic coding (but better to take our Beginning Processing Workshop if you’d like to learn more coding). Working with components like LEDs, switches, piezos, motors, light sensors. Digital in and out, analogue in and out, and serial communication with an Arduino board.
- MAKER PARTY: Mount Pleasant, SC: Coder Dojo Charleston is a monthly meetup where kids from 6 - 17 can gather and learn to code together. There are plenty of resources available on the coder dojo website and there will be a few mentors available for questions and direction. This meetup will always be free.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Introduction to Digital Storytelling - PC (Kings Highway) will teach simple steps to turn your still images and sound clips into a compelling digital video story--- and share it with a wide audience. In this two-hour session, you’ll learn about various types of digital story formats, narrative tips and interviewing techniques, and how to combine your pictures and audio recordings into a video.
- MAKER PARTY: Gloucestershire, United Kingdom: TeenTech Gloucestershire events are highly interactive experiences designed to inspire young teenagers and their teachers about careers in the contemporary world of Science, Engineering and Technology. Each TeenTech event gives Y8/ Y9 students and teachers the opportunity to try their hand at experiments, to handle leading edge technology and, most importantly to spend time with the Engineers, Technologists and Scientists influencing their 21st century lives.
Thursday, 10 October
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: Two-day Kids Learning Code PA Day: Learn Visual Programming with Processing workshop of programming generative art with Processing. This workshop will focus on teaching the fundamentals of computer programming in a visual context, and highlight how simple mathematical equations can create beautiful and engaging outcomes.
- MAKER PARTY: Uttar Pradesh, India: MGMCoET Maker Party 2013 "gives you all the chance to be creators, makers and inventors. Maker Party is about joining thousands of people across the globe to make something amazing, teach each other new skills, and have a great time doing it.” Come celebrate with people across the globe to make and learn new things on the web. It doesn't matter where you are in the world; friends, families, and individuals everywhere are uniting to celebrate what we can make (and break!) on the web. From coding your first line of HTML to building innovative apps, Maker Party is your chance to connect with a global community of creators.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Intro to Social Media: Videoblogging will teach you how to show the world your videos. Learn how to make a web page that showcases videos you have created. We will show you how to set up a blog, upload your footage, and reveal other benefits to having your video on the Internet.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Media World: Introduction to the Recording Studio welcomes you to the Media World! Instructor Bryan Samuel will show students the basics of how to use applications such as iMovie, After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. He will also demonstrate how to properly use and shoot with a camera, how to import your footage, and how to use a green screen. Each session we'll explore one topic. Join the learning experience and meet people who are interested in your field.
Friday, 11 October
- MAKER PARTY: Saint-Malo, France: Saint Malo Mini Maker Faire is a two-day celebration of the Do It Yourself and hacking. It is a futuristic craft fair, an ode to the citizen creativity. This event will feature various booths and workshops that allow the public to discover and manipulate especially robotics, 3D printing, personal manufacturing, video games, modern carpentry ... Most of these stands are run by enthusiastic amateurs who make objects and show how doing it yourself. See more at: http://www.makerfairesaintmalo.com/#sthash.YTCM2ipl.dpuf
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: Drawing Basics with Adobe Illustrator will teach the basics of drawing with Adobe Illustrator CS6, the industry-standard vector graphics software, used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography. Each week we will cover a different group of tools in Illustrator, such as the shapes and lines tools, and the transform tools.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, NY: NYC Connected Communities: Teen Tech Time gives teens opportunity to play games, learn about cool websites, and get tech and homework help on new laptops.
Saturday, 12 October
- MAKER PARTY: Changanassery, India: WEB BUDDIES 2013 is a one day training for HTML 5 development. Students studying in Class 8 or Higher, who has aspirations and talent in web design can apply.
- MAKER PARTY: Manchester, UK: Manchester Raspberry Jam 15 will help you bring your Raspberry Pi to life! Hackers, hobbyists, tinkerers, parents, teachers, kids, experts, beginners – everyone is welcome!
- MAKER PARTY: Groningen, The Netherlands: Groningen Mini Maker Faire is the annual platform for creators: inventors, builders, hackers, nerds and tinkerers have a day to the world what they invent, create and develop. The large exhibition, the many workshops, Maker Talks scrapheap challenge and inspire visitors of all ages to myself to get started.
Sunday, 13 October
- MAKER PARTY: Columbus, OH: Two-day Columbus Mini Maker Faire is a family-friendly event to MAKE, create, learn, invent, CRAFT, recycle, think, play and be inspired by celebrating arts, crafts, engineering, food, music, science and technology.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Older Branch Work
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Automation & Tools