- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Huge kudos to Benjamin Kerensa! Benjamin is a super active rep, a former WebFWD Scout and key contributor for Release Management. Most recently served as chief herder for Mozilla's presence at OSCON. He not only spoke, but organized two large social events and Mozilla's social media presence (and more). If that weren't enough, Benjamin also served as a critical subject matter expert on CDNs, sussing out vendors for hosting the Flame developer phone builds. Please take a minute to tweet, email or give Benjamin a fist bump if you are up in PDX!
Many thanks to Linear Li in the Taipei office for producing the first-ever Intern Brownbags on Air Mozilla from the Taipei Office. They're in the Mozilla Intern - 2014, and Taipei channels on AirMo. Borting Chen discusses his work on the Resource Statistics API, Ricky Chien talks about integrating test report coverage into the Gaia unit testing framework, Test Agent, and KD Chang presents work on the MozPost recommendation system and Huhu, a bookmarklet that lets you keep a virtual pet in Firefox.
Nagarjuna Verma and Rahid Hasan of the Mozilla South Asia community are no longer with us as recently reported but their contributions and positive impact in the Mozilla Community will always be remembered.
Thanks to Sami Jaktholm for fixing lots of Devtools bugs including some frequent test failures.
Thanks to erosman and XrXr, new to the add-on review team, who are off to a good start and have helped greatly reduce the length of the AMO review queues.
Björn Steinbrink has written dozens of optimizations for Rust. In the last two weeks he taught LLVM to reuse empty stack slots, making Rust significantly more efficient.
Congrats to Clint Talbert, this week's community building superstar!
Monday, 04 August
Please add your contribution opportunities to the about:Mozilla newsletter! New and improved form!
The Net Neutrality training series and Global Teach-in begins today and runs all week! https://blog.webmaker.org/join-mozilla-for-global-teach-ins-on-net-neutrality
Tuesday, 05 August
Wednesday, 06 August
- 1:00- Anthony Verez, "MozDef: You've collected your security logs, now what?" MV
- 1:30- Dylan Wong, "Summer of WebQA: Testing, Dashboards, and Labs,! Oh My" MV
- 2:00- Nathan Braswell, "Rinse and Repeat: SpiderMonkey and its JITs" MV
- 2:30- Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran, "TITLE" MV
Thursday, 07 August
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) - Invest in Sustainability Series
- Time: 10:30am - 11:30am PT
- Location: SF Commons + Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/mozillians-town-hall-2014-goals-sustainability-series/
- Intern Presentations
- 1:00- Ian Connolly, "A Running Start" SF
- 1:30- Carlos Diaz-Padron, "TITLE" SF
- 2:00- Eric Edens, "Adding search to Android: Lessons and things to come" SF
Friday, 08 August
- 1:00- Christian Weiss, "Brick - more building blocks for the web" MV
- 1:30- Catalin Badea, "Mostly Service Workers" MV
- 2:00- Benjamin Brittian, "TBA" MV
- 2:30- Kate Glazko, "TBA" MV
Saturday, 09 August
Sunday, 10 August
Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) - Get Firefox on a Growth Trajectory
- Date: Wednesday, August 13th
- Time: 10:00am - 11:00am PT
- Place: Commons
- Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/mozillians-town-hall-2014-goals-getting-firefox-on-a-growth-trajectory/
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
San Francisco (Chad)
- Iteration 34.2
- Experiment Update
- A tonic for what ails you
Firefox for Android
- Search activity has landed in Nightly (blog post)
- Swipe up or use the new widget
- Janus Proxy continues to improve. Try out the add-on in Desktop or Android.
- Working on a new entry point for Sharing content to Firefox. See the designs for an idea of how it will work.
- Working on reducing the APK size using a variety of approaches, including splitting the APK into multiple distributions.
Jaime: SF (non-verbal)
- Bug fixing for FxOS 2.0 [Feature Complete date was July 21, 2014]
- FxOS 2.1 Feature Complete date: Oct 13, 2014 [in progress]
- For what we're working on in 2.1: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Roadmap#Key_2.1_Focus_Areas
Speaker Location: non-verbal
We're now up to 1100+ events with a projected 55,000+ attendees in 242 cities.
Some recent press coverage:
Our Net Neutrality training series and Global Teach-in begins today! https://blog.webmaker.org/join-mozilla-for-global-teach-ins-on-net-neutrality
How you can help:
- add events that you know about - any event where people are teaching and learning about the web is a Maker Party
- please spread the word about Maker Party and the Net Neutrality teach-ins through your networks
Brooklyn (Erin Kissane)
Vidyo is crashing every minute or so and all my sound is out, so I'm kicking to nonverbal.
Speaker Location: Austin, TX (vidyo)
- stumbleupon.com no longer gives desktop toolbar to Firefox Android
- my.yahoo.com redirect loop in Firefox for Android fixed
- globeandmail.ca no longer sending desktop content to Firefox OS
- Gmail OAuth permission screen layout issues on FxOS fixed
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires