- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Interns Anhad Singh and Ian Connolly, for working to open up Release Engineering. Ian and Anhad have been creating useful wiki content for contributors, getting Release Engineering on http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/ and http://www.joshmatthews.net/bugsahoy and putting useful whiteboard tags in bugs. Also, new Release Engineering contributors Sergio Butero and Harsimran Singh, who made their first contributions as a result of Anhad and Ian's efforts!
- Luis Antonio Sánchez Romero from Mexico has been helping us test Payments in Mexico by acquiring local SIMs and running tests for us. Payments team thanks him for all his efforts!
Monday, 11 August
- The latest edition of DevPulse is up - have a read and see how you can get involved with Mozillians supporting developers worldwide!
- Join us at 2pm Pacific for the bi-weekly Marketplace community meeting. This week, we'll talk about the new proposed format for Marketplace contributions, and a new community curation program for the feed feature.
- Please add your contribution opportunities to the about:Mozilla newsletter! New and improved form!
Tuesday, 12 August
Wednesday, 13 August
Mozillians Town Hall - Get Firefox on a Growth Trajectory
- Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/mozillians-town-hall-2014-goals-getting-firefox-on-a-growth-trajectory/
- Questions: https://moderator.paas.allizom.org/e/town-hall-2014-goals-firefox-13-aug
MDN Community Meeting
- Time: 10:00 PT (17:00 UTC)
- IRC: #mdn
- Agenda: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Community_meetings/2014-08-13
- 1:00- Susanna Bowen, "Improving Support for CSS Ruby" SF
- 1:30- Jonathan Morton, "WebGL in Web Workers" SF
- 2:00- Julian Hector, "IPC, supervisor and FirefoxOS" SF
js13kGames 2014 Competition
- Run by Mozillian Andrzej "Captain Rogers" Mazur, Mozillian Jason Weathersby is a competition judge
- Competition homepage
- Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, and @MozSF!
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb discussions and hack night
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Thursday, 14 August
- 1:00- Guptha Rajagopal, "SpiderMonkey - More Strings, More Class" MV
- 1:30- Jeremy Poulin, "Predictor: Because Witches Are Scary" MV
- 2:00- Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran, "Games, games and more games" MV
- 2:30- Basar Koc, "Ringing Artifacts in Data Compression" MV
Friday, 15 August
- Webdev Beer and Tell - 2PM Pacific in the Webdev vidyo room
- Web developers across the project show off their side projects. Open to the public! (Airmo link will be on the wiki page)
Saturday, 16 August
- Application to apply to become a 2015 Knight-Mozilla Fellow closes at MIDNIGHT eastern!
Sunday, 17 August
- Mozillians Town Hall - Disrupting the Advertising Industry
- More information coming soon
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- Johnathan Nightingale - Toronto
- Li Gong from London (Vidyo)
- Darren Herman / Sean Bohan - NYC Office
- Tiles - We are NOT doing a Brown Bag this week, but we have scheduled a Town Hall discussion next Monday Aug 18
- Subscribe2Web - updating the wiki this week and scheduling a Brown Bag session for the week of August 25
- UP - The User Personalization team is working on introducing personalization to Firefox users, starting with data transparency. We are planning on surfacing this through the Personal Interest Dashboard (working name). This will be initially released as an add-on with the objective of providing the user the ability to 1) analyze their categorized interests based on their history and 2) discover new content that's related to their interests
Speaker Location: Brett Gaylor, remote
- We're just about half way through with Maker Party and we have over 1200 events in 261 cities, with an estimated 62,000 attendees!
- We passed a significant milestone - 5000 contributors to Mozilla Foundation activities!
- We're extending our free Net Neutrality training into this week. Sign up here: ow.ly/A7h3B
- Please submit session proposals to MozFest!
- And help us spread the word! Sample tweet: Less than 2 weeks to the #Mozfest session proposal submission deadline! Get yours in now. mzl.la/Propose
Speaker Location: Dan Sinker, remote
- The application to apply to become a 2015 Knight-Mozilla Fellow closes THIS Saturday at midnight!
- application form: http://opennews.org/fellowships/apply.html
- Fellowships offer creative coders an opportunity to be embedded in newsrooms around the world, working in the open and solving complex problems.
- The Knight-Mozilla Fellowship is also about community-building and, well, fellowship.
- You (yes you!) know great people that should apply. Send them our way!
- example tweets, program description for copy/pasting, and more: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/opennews-fellowships-share
- Non verbal.
- We are trying out a new development environment for the Marketplace using Docker. If you'd like to try it out instructions are here.
- We are also looking for app developers who'd like to try out the new hosted in-app payment system and give us feedback.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
|Jorge Villalobos||Add-ons Developer Relations Lead||Add-on Compatibility||Home Office Vidyo||No||Slides
|Brett Gaylor||VP, Webmaker||Webmaker - the party is getting out of control||Victoria BC||Yes||https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7968133/Webmaker%20-%20aug%2011%20maker%20party%20update.pdf
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Mihai Tabără||Rail Aliiev||Mountain View||San Francisco
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week: