- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 DevEngage
- 4.1.3 Platform
- 4.1.4 Cloud Services
- 4.1.5 Messaging
- 4.1.6 Mobile
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1.13 Apps & Marketplace
- 4.1.14 Mobile Partner Site
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Potch for always being amazing!
- Vedad Hadžić has come out of nowhere and redone a bunch of DXR's CSS and other front-end code.
- Thanks and props to Naresh Kumar, Vigneshwaran, Mohankumar Duraiswamy, Shashank, Nikil, Jerald, Achyuth KP, Franklin Francis, Subhash & everyone else who participated in the Aaruush Firefox OS app day: http://viswaprasathks.wordpress.com/2014/08/13/aaruush-firefox-os-app-days/
Monday, 18 August
- If you have any time-bound contribution activities for the Mozilla community, please email Jennie at email@example.com. Your opportunities will be featured in the next issue of about:Mozilla!
Tuesday, 19 August
- CBT meetup this week in MV
Wednesday, 20 August
- Mozillians Town Hall - Shifting the Advertising Industry (Sustainability #3)
- Air Mozilla - https://air.mozilla.org/town-hall-sustainability-3-shifting-the-advertising-industry/
- 10:00am - 11:00am PT Cyberspace only (not in SF or MV Commons).
- BrazilJS 2014
- Check out the Wiki landing page for details on Mozilla's presence at BrazilJS
- Conference is Aug 21 & 22, Mozilla activities begin Aug 20.
- Second of the Big 5 series of events for the Apps & Marketplace, Dev Rel, and Dev Tools Teams.
Thursday, 21 August
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 22 August
Saturday, 23 August
Sunday, 24 August
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
- Go watch last week's town hall if you missed it
- Growth team comin' atcha
Firefox for Android
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Li Gong in Mountain View
- Darren Herman in New York
- Town Hall!
- Continue to develop the Personal Interest Dashboard add-on and running experiments with personalized newsfeeds
- UP Wiki https://intranet.mozilla.org/UP
- Subscribe to Web
- Wiki page is live! https://intranet.mozilla.org/Subscribe2Web
- Pilot1 is planned for Q4 2014 in Poland and Sweden
- Scheduling a Brown Bag in the next couple of weeks
Speaker Location:Brett Gaylor - Remote
- Maker Party continues to roll out -- going well
- Contributors: 5552 (2% increase from last week’s 5441)
- Webmaker accounts: 124K (17% increase from last week’s 106.3K)
- Events: 1799 (50% jump from last week’s 1199)
- Hosts: 493 (10% increase from last week’s 450)
- Expected attendees: 76,200 (23% increase from 61,910)
- Cities: 362 (40% increase from 260)
- Big step forward with Mobile Appmaker last week
- One of our goals with Webmaker this year is to add a focus on apps
- As part of this, released Appmaker for Desktop in beta for Maker party
- Over the last few weeks we've made progress on the next step: app made on a mobile device
- At a workweek in Portland last week, the team settled on a product strategy for the next couple months
- They are now sprinting towards the first prototype to be shown in Dhaka, Bangladesh next week
- Note: brief presentation on this later in the meeting
Speaker Location: Mark Surman Remote
- Headline: we're looking for new ways community can contribute to top line goals
- This year, Mozilla has a goal to 'enable communities that have impact'
- Much of the focus so far has been on growth, and we're making some progress
- We need to shift our focus towards quality and impact that contributors can have
- Over the coming weeks: community building teams are actively looking for new ways community can have an impact on top line goals
- E.g. are there creative ways that community can help get Firefox on a growth trajectory?
- Mark (MoFo), Mary Ellen (Engagement), Mitchell (chair) are helping the community teams with this
- If you have ideas, reach out to David Boswell or one of the exec team working this
- Expect more reports in coming weeks
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
You might know that we are using UserVoice to allow people to easily report ideas for the developer tools at http://ffdevtools.uservoice.com. We are now extending this to HTML5 Apps as a whole. This will go live soon, and it would be splendid if anyone of you who found things missing in the "web as the platform" to submit them there in order to pre-seed the channel before we announce it live: https://openwebapps.uservoice.com/forums/258478-open-web-apps
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
Apps & Marketplace