- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you for the Mozillians who supported Mozilla's presence at JSfest in Berlin last week, as part of Reject.JS, CSSconf EU, and JSConf EU.
- Tim Taubert, Freddy Braun, Christian Heilmann, Jeff Griffiths, Angelina Fabbro, Axel Hecht, Margaret Leibovic, Guillaume Marty, Gregor Wagner, Jan Jongboom, Romain Gauthier, Soledad Penades, Julian Viereck, Tom Schuster, Jordan Santell.
- Thank you to Clint Talbert, Rebecca Billings, Hal Wine, and Karl Thiessen for volunteering at the joint event with Open Hatch at CCSF this weekend!
- Thank you to Rosana for her amazing work on ReMo camp.
- Thank you to Denelle Dixon-Thayer, Sean Bohan, Darren Herman, Jason Schmidt, Lara Fischer-Zernin, JB Piacentino and Mike Manning for a great "spiel" at Germany's Digital Marketing Exposition.
- "Obrigado" to Marco Aurélio Krause for localization of the Firefox Activations Directory into Portuguese. "Muchas Gracias" to Ricardo Palomares for localization into Spanish.
- Thanks to Firefox app developer Varun Malhotra, who is now developing & testing apps with Firefox app-manager and his new Intex Cloud FX Phone, despite some initial setup challenges.
- Big thank you to Clarissa Sorenson for bringing community training to her weekly New Hire orientation sessions!
Monday, 15 September
Tuesday, 16 September
Wednesday, 17 September
- S2LQ 2014 in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Frédéric Harper will be presenting "L'état de l'Open Source en 2014 Est-ce que l’Open Source n’est vraiment qu’une question de logiciel libre? Quels en sont les avantages? Y a-t-il anguille sous roche? En se basant sur l'expérience de Mozilla avec Firefox, ainsi que sur l'ensemble de son parcours professionnel, Frédéric Harper vous parlera de l’état de l'Open Source en 2014."
- FITC Web Unleashed 2014 in Toronto, Canada
- Vladimir Vukicevik, Frédéric Harper, tofumatt presenting
Thursday, 18 September
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Nordic.js in Stockholm, Sweden
- Robert Nyman presenting "The Five Stages of Development"
- Sergi Mansilla presenting "The Fourth Dimension"
Friday, 19 September
- From the Front in Bologna, Italy
- Christian Heilmann presenting "Rubbing the Sankara Stones the Wrong Way"
Saturday, 20 September
Sunday, 21 September
- 24-September -- Mozillians Town Hall : Brand Initiatives (10:00am PT - 11:00am PT)
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
Firefox for Android
Speaker Location: (remote: mfinkle)
- New Tablet UI
- The new WIP tablet UI refresh has started landing in Nightly
- Use the "Setting > Display > Enable new tablet UI" to enable it
Speaker Location: Asa Dotzler (Vidyo fail. Potch, can you read off the names of the four first time committers to Firefox OS? Thanks!)
- About 100 people contributed a bit more than 250 changes to Firefox OS this week.
- 4 new contributors to Firefox OS this week:
- Antti-Jussi Kovalainen [:darep] "Reload application" button not working on browser-helper
- Sukant Garg [:gargsms] Screen should not timeout when I have a running stopwatch
- William Dorffer [:schoewilliam] [Keyboard adding BÉPO french layout
- Craig MacKenzie [:gentlefolk] Fixed several Gaia UI tests
- We have an IRC channel for #Flame. If you have questions about getting the most from your reference device, or would like to help others with questions, please add #Flame to your already overflowing collection of IRC channels.
- Foxtrot applications nearly fully processed. Applicants will receive an email notification this week.
Speaker Location: Darren Herman via Vidyo - NYC
- Please check out the Subscribe To Web brown bag on Thursday A movement to create an alternative to advertising to fund the Web
- Tiles has landed in Beta, an open call to all Mozillians if you have friends or family in advertising or marketing and want to make an introduction for us, pls contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks to all who made Dmexco (Cologne, Germany) a success. Our presentations and participation were received well.
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- Today is the last official day of the Maker Party campaign (though the making never stops!). We'll share an update with numbers/successes next week.
Speaker Location: Surman / Mitchell - Berlin
- A month back, we assembled a tiger team on the community goal.
- Mark Surman, Mitchell, Mary Ellen Muckerman, David Boswell, Brian King, Michelle Thorne, Kristin Baird
- Working with community teams from across Mozilla
- Our first action is to pilot the idea of "contribution challenges" to tie the volunteer community to new initiatives that aim to have immediate term impact on topline goals.
- Over this past weekend, the team worked with the reps at RemoCamp this weekend to iterate and advance the challenges and define volunteer community ownership.
- Working with the business owner for each goal, these are the challenges that we have prioritized to do between now and the end of the year:
- Firefox : Firefox 10 and Growth
- Define a number of initiatives that promote Firefox growth, that we can test during the Firefox 10 campaign. These are a combination of promotions based around events, product features, and so on. The ultimate goal is drive downloads.
- FXOS Local Presence:
- Produce a large volume of high quality hyper-local content for FXOS users in India and Mexico, in a very short time frame, and in parallel, train Mozillians to become skilled evangelists and developer mentors to ensure long-term sustained support and mentorship for local developers creating hyper-local content for FXOS
- FXOS in market Communications:
- Enable our local communities to be the ongoing voice of FFOS / mozilla in their locales through a range of communications channels, as appropriate in their locals.
- FXOS + Webmaker:
- Training and user surveys that help us understand ways that 'user generated apps' can solve problems for the next billion web users.
- Will actively play a role in shipping Mobile Webmaker (aka Appmaker) through user testing at Maker Parties and conduct interviews with feature phone users to understand the problems they want to solve.
- Define a system to generate content for regional community tiles in 20 launch markets for October 15 and put an ongoing structure in place for regional communities to own the content schedule for regional community tiles.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires