- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Web Compatibility
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- "Grazie" to Sandro Della Giustina for localization work on the Italian version of Firefox activations directory. "Gracias" to Hernan Rodriguez Colmeiro for localization of the Argentinian activations directory. "Xie Xie" to Peter Chen and Eric Tsai for localization of the Taiwanese activations directory. "Arigatou", to Chiko Shimizu for localization of the Japanese activations directory.
- Thanks to Mike Poessy and Melissa OConnor for their work to support the Belize Teach the Web event.
- Thanks to Guillaume Demesy and Alexa Roman for their invaluable weekly work on [WebCompat.com] site.
- Thanks to Knight Yoshi and MystMaker for their frequent and useful contributions to the Add-ons Forum.
- Thanks to Craig Cook for being really awesome throughout the Get Involved redesign process!
- Thanks to Clarissa Sorenson for putting community building into the onboarding process!
- QE (Quality Engineering) is relaunching the Testdays program with a new focus on mentorship - activities are scheduled all week - please join us in the #qa channel on irc.mozilla.org
Monday, 22 September
Tuesday, 23 September
- The bi-weekly Marketplace community meeting is tomorrow at 10am Pacific: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
- The bi-weekly Mozilla Wiki Team meeting is tomorrow at 8:30 am PDT (15:30 UTC). Participation details: MozillaWiki:Team#How_to_Participate.
Wednesday, 24 September
- Portland (@MozPDX) and San Francisco (@MozSF)! (CHI & MSP off this week)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb discussions and hack night
Are you creating your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Mozillians Town Hall - Brand Initiatives
- Time: 10:00am - 11:00am PT
- Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/mozillians-town-hall-brand-initiatives-mozilla-firefox/
- Live from San Francisco
- Sept 24 and 25, happening in Atlanta, GA, USA and online
- Mozillian Jennie Rose Halperin will be speaking
Thursday, 25 September
- Community Building combined Education/Pathways/Recognition meeting at 18:00 UTC / 11:00 PDT. Participation details: Contribute/Combined Working Group/How to Participate.
Friday, 26 September
- Sep 26-28 in Bangalore, India
- Mozillian Abdul Rauf helping to organize
Saturday, 27 September
- Toronto, Canada
- Mozillian David Bolter attending
- Mozilla sponsorship
Sunday, 28 September
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: SF (Eric)
Firefox For Android
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Guest browsing indicator in the System Notification area
- File downloads are being added to the System Download Manager
- Costs an Android permission
- Interactions might to be improved
Speaker Location: MTV (Asa Dotzler)
- Firefox OS launched in Bangaladesh! Grameenphone (local Telenor operator/carrier) lauched the (Symphony manufactured) GoFox F15 for approximately $60 last week.
- Mozilla is beginning transition to KitKat builds for the Flame. Will be posting a KitKat-based Firefox OS 2.0 "testing" build to the MDN Flame page this week.
- This last week, about 100 people checked in just over 200 fixes to Firefox OS. First time contributors to Firefox OS this week included:
- Zhenqing Liu <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 1021838 FX OS crash in nsWifiMonitor::Onready(unsigned int, nsIWifiScanResult**)
- Phil Ringnalda [philor] <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 968645 Forms mochitests disabled on b2g desktop
- Lars T Hansen [lth] <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 1068539 Gecko not booting anymore due to "bad serialized structured data (unhandled typed array element type)"
- Goutam <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 1023259 The contact number is shown incompletely in the contact detail screen of SMS conversion when the contact phone label is more than 19 characters.
- gauravmittal <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 1057795 Clean up MozL10n API use in Cost Control
- Andreas Larsson <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a> fixed bug 1069810 Homescreen application does not handle basic authentication in icon urls.
- Foxtrot applications evaluated. Results to be sent out to all applicants today or tomorrow. Phone shipments still TBD -- still waiting on builds.
- Mozilla has received 500 VIA Vixen tablets for the Tablet Contribution Program. The TCP coordinators have just begun planning for the application process.
Speaker Location: NYC (Sean Bohan)
- Tiles continues in Beta
- Tiles Delivery Service testing GeoIP support for per country Tiles
- The l10n team has done an amazing job getting Mozilla tiles translated, with 34 countries completed in less than 2 weeks. Thanks to CHoffman, Pike, MatJaz, the l10n team and the contributors who all helped
- We had our first Brown Bag and it's here on Air.Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/subscribe2web/
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Vidyo has released Vidyo Desktop v3.3.0 (27) with the below added features and fixes. This release has already been tested within IT and is ready for a second round of testing and feedback. If you would like to help test, please use the download links below to install the client and add your feedback to the feedback doc also linked below. Please update us as we would like to release the client to all of Mozilla by Monday 9/28 or 10/6 depending on feedback received.
Note: after upgrading, a pop-up will appear saying that you do not have a current version. Please select “Not Now” and the do not remind me checkbox.
Features Join a conference with camera, mic and/or speakers muted Join a conference with your full screen shared and camera, mic, speakers muted Easier access to your rooms public link via client UI Many bug fixes for Windows, Mac and Linux
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week: