- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to all the volunteers who contributed to Marketplace and AMO in the month of April! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Contributing/Apr2015#Contributor_Recognition
- Thanks to Vik Iya and Christina Lu as well as Jordi and Thomas from Panasonic to help the community in Vienna get a Firefox OS TV for the Linuxwochen conference (see below).
Monday, 04 May
Tuesday, 05 May
- MEF Brazil: Mozilla at TelaViva Movel
- May 5-6, Sao Paulo Brazil
- MEF panel: “Trailblazing in Latin America: business opportunities in mobile content” HTML5 development workshop (Andre)
- Mozillians in attendance: Bertrand Neveux, Niran Amir, Marcia Zikan. Community meet up- Andre Garzia, Adriano Cupello, Rodrigo Padula and Renato Lima
- Bi Monthly Contributr Meeting will be #contributors on irc.mozilla.org from 7pm to 8pm UK time 11:00am to 12 Noon PT
- Mozilla Balkans Meeting - 6 PM CET/ 7 PM EEST
Wednesday, 06 May
- Front-Trends 2015 May 6-8, in Warsaw, Poland
- Front-Trends is a 3-day conference for web and mobile developers to discover the latest trends, technologies, and ideas in front-end development
- Mozillians Andrzej Mazur, Zibi Braniecki, Stas Malolepszr, Piotr Zalewa will be at the booth to dmo FirefoxOS!
- ScotlandJS Web Audio Hackday May 6th in Edinburgh, Scotland
- The Web Audio Hackday is, if you will, a specialisation of the Music Hackdays with a focus on the Web Audio technologies. It's a day long hackday with presentations at the end of accomplished hacks
- Mozillian Paul Adenot attending, and Mozilla sponsored MIDI controller will be the hack winner prize
- IndieWeb Homebrew Website Club Meetup Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@TheCreamerySF)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
- Come join mconley on the magic schoolbus that is software development, where he will take chances, make mistakes, and get messy hacking on Firefox LIVE! The Joy of Coding: Episode 13 airs at 10 AM PT / 1PM ET / 5PM GMT.
- Mozilla Romania Online Meeting
Thursday, 07 May
- OPEN WEST, Utah May 7th to 9th in Orem, UT
- Open West is the largest regional tech conference devoted to all things OPEN: Hardware, Standards, Source and Data
- Mozillian Dan Callahan will give a talk on "Firefox OS App Development: It's just the Web... or is it?" which is going to cover tooling, WebAPIs, API permissions, and distribution models
- Login Conference, Vilnius Lithuania
- LOGIN is the largest gathering of internet and tech community in the Baltic States. In 2015 we are expecting more than 100 speakers and 4 000 participants from Lithuania and all over the world.
- More info in the Reps event page.
- Linuxwochen Wien, Wien, Austria. - May 7th to 9th
- The local Mozilla community has a booth and 2 talks at this FLOSS conference in Vienna. The booth includes a Firefox OS TV courtesy of Panasonic!
- More info: official website. Hashtag: #lww15
- German speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CEST (7pm UTC) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
- SuMo Day for all contributors to help out on SuMo for the day
Friday, 08 May
- Mozilla India Task Force Meetup, Bangalore, India. May 8th, to 10th.
- Mozilla India Annual Task Force Meetup. A focused group of Mozillians who were actively part of 2014 task forces will meet for 3 days to reflect on 2014, discuss what worked, what didn't work, what to improve, brainstorm on organizational pathways for regional community & create roadmap for 2015.
- Ecuador Community Meetup, Guayaquil, Ecuador. May 8th to 10th.
- Ecuador's community meetup will help this community organize the structure, and define the goals for this year. 15~20 memebrs of the community will meet at Guayaquil on two days.
- More info in the Reps event page.
Saturday, 09 May
- OSCAL May 9th-10th in Tirana, Albania
- OSCAL (Open Source Conference Albania) is the first international annual conference in Albania organised to promote software freedom, open source software, free culture and open knowledge. This will be their second event.
- 20+ Mozillian reps attending, and Panos speaking on Firefox Dev Edition
Sunday, 10 May
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: SF (Eric Petitt -- Marketing Update)
mjeffries, Mountain View
MySQL Operations Changes
We are currently handing off MySQL operations except for Bugzilla and Reviewboard to a 3rd party contractor to free up the Data Team for bigger projects. If you have access to MySQL, that will not change. However, the people who debug problems will change. If you have any concerns or questions, please e-mail email@example.com or contact the data team manager, Sheeri Cabral.
A/V Room Refresh
As part of our overall 2015 A/V Refresh Initiative, AVOps is updating our video conference room systems in SFO & PDX to meet our current standards for improved reliability, overall user experience and perform a technology refresh with equipment that is past its useful life. Check the wiki for a full list of rooms that will get new digs!
SFO rooms to be updated: Java, Latte, Carol Channing, The Warfield, Noise Pop, Bay Bridge, Golden Gate, Macchiato, Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Ansel Adams, The Board Room, Justice League, Independent.
PDX rooms to be updated: Hair of the Dog, Widmer, Blitz-Weinhard, Deschutes, Terminal, Hub
IT Vending Machine Update
The Mozilla IT peripheral vending machine has arrived in the MTV office. If you work in MTV ( or just visiting) and need a power cord, mouse, headset, etc. you can find the vending machine by the Service Desk. The machine is integrated with our badging system so all you have to do is swipe your badge and choose your item.
If you only need an item a short time please return it to the Service Desk so we can redeploy. Also, if you don't find what you need in the vending machine please ask on of our Service Desk team.
IT Peripheral Vending machines are coming to the SF and Toronto offices in Q2.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Automation & Tools