- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Michael Kohler and André Fiedler for coordinating our participation at the upcoming TV Hack Day Berlin!
- Thanks to Anubhav.worklinux for fixing bug 1004036, making the little things in Firefox OS not just functional, but beautiful.
- Thanks to Durwasa Chakraborty for fixing bug 1166202, making the Firefox OS RTL support more complete.
- Thanks to everyone (Staff & Volunteers!) who wrote a post for Mozilla Hacks blog in August and early Sept, special shout out to first time Hacks authors: Philipp Hancke (US), Michael Layzell (Canada), Chun-Min Chang, Shiqi "Mash" Gao (Taiwan), Jan Jongboom (Netherlands), Sebastian Zartner (Germany), Gloria Dwomoh (Greece)
- Thanks to every Mozillian who wrote a letter of recommendation for another Mozillian as part of the Participation Leaders Global Gatherings initiative. \o/
- Thanks to Cristian Silaghi and Baadur Jobava of Romanian l10n community for all their hard-work on weekends and evenings, to ensure the launch of FFOS phone in Romania is a success!
- Thanks to Noitidart for his frequent and helpful contributions to the Add-ons Forum and add-on IRC channels.
Monday, 14 September
Tuesday, 15 September
Wednesday, 16 September
- JSFOO from 16th to 20th in Bangalore India
- We have Tech Speaker Rabimba presenting.
- Web Unleashed from 16th to 17th in Toronto Canada
- 2 days, 4 tracks, Front end developer focused content expecting 800 attendees
- Mozillian Potch speaking on Web Workers Beyond The Wall and facilitating "Gluttony of Tools" fireside chat.
Thursday, 17 September
- Rest Fest happening 17th-19th in Greenville, South Carolina
- REST Fest is a collaborative RESTful Web Services conference now in its 6th year, focusing on building a collaborative space.
- Mozillian Jason Weathersby attending
Friday, 18 September
- Webdev Beer and Tell at 2PM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo room (and streaming on AirMo)
- Open to the public!
- Monthly get-together where webdevs across the community show off their side projects.
Saturday, 19 September
Sunday, 20 September
Thursday September 24, 2015, 9am PT / noon ET / 4pm UTC - Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla
Monthly Brantina: "Should I Put it On Yammer?"
How do you respond when people at Mozilla ask you this? Do you sigh, roll your eyes, let out a small resigned laugh? Most of us know that many seemingly-benign posts can devolve into a debate nobody expected, necessarily wanted or knows what to do with. Our September Brantina speaker, Deanna Zandt will provide a deeper understanding of how our brains work when we’re engaged in online discussions which can help us communicate better, make better decisions, be more productive, and ultimately engage with more people driving richer, more dynamic outcomes.
Our monthly Speaker Series aka Brantinas are for the public so please invite your colleagues to attend live or via the stream. Views represented by our speakers do not necessarily reflect the views of Mozilla.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: MTV
Bill Walker will speak about a new initiative focused on the mobile web apps that users discover organically, use offline, and reengage with. We think same combination of service workers, web push, and the w3c app manifest that fuels the New Gaia Architecture and Progressive Apps will be tremendously valuable to web developers everywhere.
As an example of what's possible, here's a demo of Fred Wenzel's FireKey.org working offline in multiple browsers using serviceworkers. FireKey.org provides passwords for two-factor authentication at sites like github.com.
Michael Bebenita San Francisco: The state of royalty-free video, Alliance for Open Media and the IETF NETVC Working Group (.)
Melissa Romaine, San Francisco: Application deadline for 2016 Open Web Fellows host organizations has been extended to Oct. 9. (Link to application form.)
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Kyle Lahnakoski||Statistics and Visualization||ActiveData||Toronto||yes 4:3||PowerPoint|
|Ali Spivak||MDN||View Source Conference||Mozilla SF||no||Slides||View Source Conference Website|
|Michelle Marovich||Recruiting||Textio Launch / Debiasing the Hiring Process||Mountain View||no||
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires