- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big thanks to Mozilla Tech Speaker program pilots, Season 2: André, Christos, Elio, Francesco, Gabriel, Rizky, Santosh & Sumanth, special shout-out to Rizky who joins our Tuesday am PDT call after midnight on Wed.
- Shout-out to Mozillian Alex Saladrigas, a Venezuelan from Barcelona for his talk about Firefox OS and some interesting use cases at Full Stack Fest earlier in the month.
Monday, 21 September
- UNITE Boston is happening from Sept 21-23 in Boston Mass.
- One of Unity Technologies major conferences in Boston attracting 1600+ game developers
- Mozillians Luke Wagner and Andre Vrignaud speaking on WebGL, and Sandra Persing, Barry Munsterteiger and Naveed Ihsanullah attening
- Privacy Lab combines with TA3M at EFF (815 Eddy Street, San Francisco). 6pm tonight. For a joint discussion about psuedonymity and online anonymity, featuring Liz Henry.
- Weekly Bug Triage Day
Tuesday, 22 September
- Smart Web Conference (for designers and developers) happening on Sept 22nd in Bucharest Romania
- Soledad Penadas speaking on Web Audio
Wednesday, 23 September
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask for help where you're stuck.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
- Rocky Mountain Ruby on Sept 23-25th in Boulder, CO
- Rocky Mountain Ruby is a single track software conference focused on the Ruby programming language
- Justin Crawford and Steve Klabnik attending
Thursday, 24 September
- Reject JS on Sept 24th in Berlin Germany
- It's a one-day, single track conference (with Lightning Talks), born out of BerlinJS meetups and the "rejected speakers of JSConf EU", to have grown a conference on its own right.
- Mozillia Tech Speakers Flaki Speaking, Tech Speaker Andrzej Mazure + Andre Fielder attending, and Mozillians Guillaume Marty + Dietrich Ayala attending
- Monthly Brantina: "Should I Put it On Yammer?" - 9am PT / noon ET / 4pm UTC - Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla
How do you respond when people at Mozilla ask you this? Do you sigh, roll your eyes, let out a small resigned laugh? Most of us know that many seemingly-benign posts can devolve into a debate nobody expected, necessarily wanted or knows what to do with. Our September Brantina speaker, Deanna Zandt will provide a deeper understanding of how our brains work when we’re engaged in online discussions which can help us communicate better, make better decisions, be more productive, and ultimately engage with more people driving richer, more dynamic outcomes.
Our monthly Speaker Series aka Brantinas are for the public so please invite your colleagues to attend live or via the stream. Views represented by our speakers do not necessarily reflect the views of Mozilla.
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CEST (7pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
Friday, 25 September
- JSConf Eu happening Sept 25 and 27th in Berlin, Germany
- Two track conference with 50 talks, each is 30 mins. CSSconf EU takes place in the same venue during the "gap day".
- Mozillian Panos speaking, and Mozillians Michael Henretty, Flaki, Andrzej Mazure and others with Participation team as well running Add Ons Hack, Games + web VR demo at our sponsored lounge.
- Over The Air on Sept 25t + 26th in London UK
- Over the Air is an annual grassroots mobile developer event that is ever expanding the definition of 'mobile' into new areas (such as mobile web, IoT and wearables).
- Mozillians Alex Lakatos (speaking), and Francisco Jordano, Soledad Penades attending
Saturday, 26 September
- Open Help Conference happening Sept 26-30th in Cincinnati OH
- Open Help focuses on documentation and support in open source projects.
- Mozillian Janet Swisher attending
Sunday, 27 September
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Peter Dolanjski, Ontario, Canada (remote)
- Building a program and participation hub to help us find the people we need to bring Firefox OS to the next level
- Barrier: availability of devices to run Firefox OS on
- Porting program for Android devices
- Hit list: Nexus 6, Samsung Galaxy S5/6, LG G3/4, Moto G
- Interested in helping: reach out to Brian King, email@example.com
- Porting program for Android devices
Candice Serran, San Francisco Office
2.5 Release Update
- Landed features in testing
- View Source
- Bugzilla Lite
- New default homescreen
- Upcoming landings
- Private Browsing
- Pin the Web
- Upcoming milestones:
- 9/30 Checkpoint
- Go/No-go for features which haven't landed
- Solidifying quality and blocker fixing
- 11/2 - RA (Release Available)
- 9/30 Checkpoint
- Please refer to 2.5 Release wiki for more info on additional features and status: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_OS/Releases/2.5
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires