- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to the add-on community, which fixed nearly 40 bugs in September!
- Thank you Justin Crawford (hoosteeno) for driving "A Web for Everyone", a 5-part interview series with web practitioners, about cross-browser testing and compatibility. Got something you're working on to share with web developers? Share it on Hacks Please ping havi on IRC or email for more info.
Monday, 03 October
- Web Unleashed 2016 starts today until tomorrow in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- This is a 2 day, 4 track event now in its 6th year. The event is targeted at front end developers of all levels
- Mozillians Lin Clark, Dan Callahan and David Bolter will all be speaking at this event
Tuesday, 04 October
Wednesday, 05 October
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Brighton ENGLAND,
San Francisco (at GoDaddy SF this week!)
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
- Brighton ENGLAND,
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 06 October
Friday, 07 October
- Science Hack Day Portland is happening on the 7th and 8th in Portland OR.
- Science Hack Day is a two-day-all-night event where anyone excited about making weird, silly or serious things with science comes together in the same physical space to see what they can prototype within 24 consecutive hours.
- Local Mozillians including Danielle Robinson will be attending
Saturday, 08 October
- CLSxFrance is happening in Paris France
- CLSx is a 1-day event to gather the major french tech community leads share around their activities
- Mozillian Jeremie Patonnier attending
- Front In Salvador is happening in Salvador, Bahia, Brasil
- This will be the first event in Salvador, and Mozilla is sponsoring Diversity in Tech tickets to make it accessible to more attendees
Sunday, 09 October
- Monthly Speaker Series: Live from Toronto (and AirMo) October 12 @ 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UT
- Metadata_is_the_new_data..._and_why_that.28really.29_matters.2C_with_Harlo_Holmes.2C_Freedom_of_the_Press_Foundation Metadata is the New Data... and why that (really) matters
- Speaker: Harlo Holmes, Freedom of the Press Foundation (and Mozilla Fellow!)
- Host: Aurelia Moser, Mozilla Foundation Community Lead
Teaser: "While the actual content of our messages may be encrypted, dangerous legal, financial, political and even medical implications to metadata remain. The impact of information about what you do (and when you do it) has yet to be explored or defined, let alone systematized. Fortunately Mozilla is in a position to advocate for practices and policies that serve users first, and we’ll hear specifically how."
- Full description & additional details at the Metadata_is_the_new_data..._and_why_that.28really.29_matters.2C_with_Harlo_Holmes.2C_Freedom_of_the_Press_Foundation Speaker Series wiki
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.