- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to Chris Peterson for leading the charge to remove the battery status API which had little usage other than fingerprinting. We're a more private browser thanks to Chris's efforts.
- Big thanks to all the volunteers who fixed more than 30 add-on bugs in October!
- Web Summit is taking place on November 7th -10th in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Tech Speakers Daniele Scasciafratte & Eugenio Petulla will be attending and collecting metrics from the event.
- Open Fest 2016 is taking place this week in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Tech Speakers Elio Qoshi and Kristi Progri will be attending and giving talks on the topics of Open Design and Diversity in Open Source, respectively.
Monday, 07 November
Tuesday, 08 November
- Election day can be stressful. Please enjoy several calming minutes of some completely non-partisan Red Pandas streaming on Firefox’s FB, live at 10am PT.
- Bi-weekly add-on community meeting at 10am Pacific!
Wednesday, 09 November
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Portland OR (was postponed from last week)
- 18:30-20:00 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 10 November
- FF Conf is happening Nov 10th and 11th in Brighton, UK
- Mozilla is a Gold sponsor this year, supporting this unique back to back sessions front end focused conference that highlights technology as well as diversity.
Friday, 11 November
- Tech Speaker Ram Dayal Vaishnav is hosting the second installment of VR Camp Hyderabad on Nov 11th.
- Participants will learn about VR, AR and A-Frame.
- VR Pictionary is coming back with Round 2! To highlight Mozilla’s work in VR with A-Painter, Team Firefox will have a battle royale streamed on Facebook Live against Team Bit.ly.
- BSide Lisbon is happening for the 3rd time now in Lisbon Portugal this year.
- Jonathan Claudius is speaking at this securities professionals conference on helping operate the web bug bounty program at Mozilla and some of the lessons learned along the way.
- The Seattle GNU/Linux Conference (SeaGL) is a free to attend grassroots technical conference dedicated to spreading awareness and knowledge about the GNU/Linux community and free/libre/open-source software/hardware.
- Emily Dunham will be speaking on day 2, Nov 12th on Servo's Infrastructure.
Saturday, 12 November
- PyCon Canada is happening Nov 12th and 13th in Toronto
- Mozilla is again a Bronze sponsor to support this community's effort to strengthen the Canadian Python community by providing more opportunities to share knowledge and ideas.
Sunday, 13 November
- Failure: The Hard Part About Innovation with Ashley Good of Fail Forward and George Roter (host)
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.