- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Lightning Talks
- 5 An interesting fact that you think other people don't know, but should.
- 6 Something that you're looking for feedback on - for instance, a new interface design.
- 7 A call to action: Something you're working on that you need other people's help with - for instance, testing a release candidate, or helping spread a viral marketing campaign.
- 8 Status Updates By Team
- 8.1 Firefox
- 8.2 Gecko
- 8.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 8.4 Thunderbird
- 8.5 SeaMonkey
- 8.6 Mobile
- 8.7 IT
- 8.8 Release Engineering
- 8.9 QA
- 8.10 Security
- 8.11 Marketing/PR
- 8.12 Support
- 8.13 Metrics
- 8.14 Evangelism
- 8.15 Labs
- 8.16 Developer Tools
- 8.17 Add-ons
- 8.18 Webdev
- 8.19 L10n
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting
Aakash writes in, "Lonelybob and and kbrosnan continue to kick butt on our testdays and this past Friday's Mobile Firefox 1.0 RC Testday was no exception. I want to thank both for their great contributions to the day and their continued work in our QA community."
Put upcoming events here, with dates if possible. Are there any brown bags scheduled for this week? Software releases scheduled for this month?
Previously on "Mozilla"...
- Mozilla Hacks relaunched last week on Wed. 1/6 with a new design for easier navigation and discovery. Check out cool demos for mobile and the latest articles and tutorials for web developers as we get ready for Firefox 3.6!
- Fennec RC2 was released last Friday for Maemo users.
Monday, January 11
- Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate has been announced. We are automatically updating our 750,000+ beta users to this release candidate and working through full functional tests before announcing a release (aka: general availability) date.
Tuesday, January 12
Wednesday, January 13
- Foundations of Open Media Software January 13 - 15, 2010; Wellington, New Zealand. Perfect venue to promote open video. We are currently sponsoring this - Matthew Gregan, Chris Double and Chris Pearce will be attending and representing Mozilla.
Thursday, January 14
- Design Lunch this Thursday, Jan 14, 12:30pm PST. Topic is the findings of the latest Test Pilot experiments (on bookmark usage and password recycling).
Friday, January 15
Coming up on "Mozilla"...
Privacy Forum at Mozilla on January 27th from 10am-3pm
- More details to follow. A joint effort by MoFo, Labs, and Legal and an outside privacy expert/academic. Day will include panel discussions, lunch, and then working groups to generate deliverables on Mozilla's approach to privacy. Most invitees are lawyers but we would like to have lots of engineering and other non-lawyer input.
This is a new thing we're trying this week. Please put your regular routine weekly status updates in the section below. This new "Lightning Talks" section is for things you want to talk about in person.
Aim to make it about 2 minutes long; you can show a slide or two or maybe a quick demo of something. Lightning talks should focus on one of:
An interesting fact that you think other people don't know, but should.
Something that you're looking for feedback on - for instance, a new interface design.
If you have some screenshots or something that you need to show, please link to them here, so that you can give your lightning talk from the moderator's laptop and we don't have to keep switching computers.
If you're not in Mountain View, you can still give a lightning talk! We can listen to your lovely voice on the loudspeakers while the moderator puts your images up on the screen.
|CrashKill||Chris Hofmann, Ken Kovash||How are we doing on killing Firefox crash bugs?||(media goes here)
Status Updates By Team
Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Firefox 3.5.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
Web Dev Testing
Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community
No updates this week.